I am a licensed psychotherapist with more than ten years of mental health experience.
Prior to opening my private practice I worked and trained in various counseling settings including a San Francisco LGBTQQIA+ Therapy collective; a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center for formerly incarcerated men in Oakland; a high school based wellness center in San Francisco's Mission District; and The Psychotherapy Institute, a community based low fee clinic and advanced training program in Relational Psychodynamic Therapy based in Berkeley.
Over the past two decades through my education, work, and personal life I have pursued an ongoing engagement in culturally critical processes in order to examine and question the concepts of privilege, silence and voice; and to explore the formation of identities through issues such as race/ ethnicity, social and cultural theory, social economic class, gender and sexual orientation.
From this background I have developed a therapy practice with a firm grounding in relational and psychodynamic psychotherapy with a sociocultural lense. To insure I offer my patients the best care possible I participate in a rigorous discipline of professional education and consultation on a regular basis.
- Psychoanalytic Institute of Northern California (PINC)
- International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy (IARPP)
- World Professional Association of Transgender Health (WPATH)
- The Psychotherapy Association for Gender & Sexual Diversity (Gaylesta)
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology (NCSPP)
- Bay Area Open Minds (BAOM)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists + SF Chapter